Informative podcast on inflammation, what causes it, types of inflammation and purpose of inflammation.
- acute/short term inflammation = ok
- long term/systemic/chronic = bad
- Training = inflammation = adaptation = “training effect”
Production of ROS [Reactive oxygen species] during exercise
- indicator of insulin sensitivity [more = higher]
- determines your body response to exercise
- avoid intake of anti-oxidants and/or anti-inflammatory foods/meds post exercise
Anti-inflammatory meds only treat the symptoms but not the underlying cause
No significant evidence of “anti-inflammatory” diets having beneficial impact on inflammation.
Best life-style interventions to reduce inflammation